If you are a property owner experiencing problems with whitetail deer and your property is in Northern Virginia, SWMNV may be able to help.
Find out more about how we can help property owners and get information about:
As suburban development begins and proceeds deer activity is disrupted. Some of the issues you may notice are:
- increased deer/vehicle collisions nearby
- high losses in landscaping and ornamental shrubbery
- negative publicity
Prudent developers will deal with the deer population before, during, and after development.
Experienced bowhunters may apply for membership with Suburban Whitetail Management of Northern Virginia. All applications are reviewed by the SWMNV Governing Committee and membership is granted solely by invitation of the GovCom. Membership requirements include:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have prior big game hunting experience with a bow and arrow
- Have completed necessary bowhunter education courses
- Pass a shooting proficiency test
- Pass a background check